Music Licensing Terms
Luke Truan Music LLC (Label), in conjunction with Luke Truan Music Publishing, LLC (Publisher), collectively referred to herein as “Owner,” and Licensee/Purchaser ("Licensee”), wherein it is understood and agreed to as follows.
- Event Filmmaker
- Non-profit & Charity
- Personal YouTube
- Personal Social Media
- Personal Podcast
- Pro Photographer
- Real Estate
- School & University
- Small Business
If Licensee project is not listed above, but Licensee organization is less than 50 total employees and the total project budget is less than $10,000, Licensee may still purchase the license using this site for the following project types:
- Advertising, inc. App, Podcast, Radio, Streaming Audio/Video, Theater, TV, Video Game, Video-On-Demand, Web/Streaming
- Corporate, inc. Presentation, Web/Streaming, etc.
- Film, inc. Feature, Short, and Web/Streaming
- Physical Media
- Television, inc. CATV, Network TV/OTT, TV Promo
- Trailer, inc. App, Film, Game, Physical Media, Theater, Web, etc.
- Video Game
- Web Series
If Licensee does not meet above criteria, contact Owner for custom pricing.
Owner owns both Master Recording(s) (Master) and Composition(s) copyrights, collectively referred to herein as Song(s) that Licensee desires to use in Licensee’s single short film, video, advertising, game, in-store, or other synchronization use (“Sync”), and limited to use only as part of, within, and related solely to this use, as follows.
Rights Granted by Owner to Licensee
- Re-record, duplicate and release Songs in any medium.
- Soundtrack synchronized with visual images.
- Background, feature, theme, or under credits.
- Modified at sole discretion of Licensee for use described herein.
- Public viewing or broadcast.
- Publish and advertise in any medium, the Owner name, likeness, and related information in connection within the terms of this Agreement.
- Non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual license to the above rights.
Rights Not Included
- Ownership, authorship, and intellectual property rights of Songs.
- Transfer, share, or sublease this Agreement with any other party.
- Copy or duplicate Songs except for use described herein.
- Permitting any other party the right to use Songs.
- Resell, trade, sublicense, distribute or exploit for profit the Songs to any other party, except as part of Sync.
- Applies only to Songs purchased via the "License Music" portion of this website.
- Music purchased from the "License Music" section of this website is called a ProLicense. Music elsewhere on this site is for personal user only.
- Does not authorize use of any Song not identified in this Agreement.
- All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Owner.
Owner Represents and Warrants that:
- Owner represents Label, Publisher, and Artist for Songs.
- Owner has legal right and authority to grant rights herein.
- Owner exclusively owns or controls Song composition copyrights.
- Label exclusively owns or controls all Master Recordings of Songs.
- Licensee’s use and inclusion of Songs will not violate any rights of any kind or nature whatsoever, including but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights, of any person, firm, corporation, association, society or other entity.
- Publisher has obtained all written consents from third parties as applicable, including copyright owners, labor organizations, artists, and performers.
Licensee Represents and Warrants that:
- Licensee shall use Songs only as indicated herein.
- Where Songs are used in Film, Owner will be listed in screen credit for music.
- Where Film is broadcast, Licensee shall properly report usage of Songs to Broadcaster so Broadcaster can properly register usage to Performance Rights Organizations.
- Licensee agrees to indemnify and hold Owner, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, employees, directors, officers, successors, assigns, distributors, investors, lenders and any other Owner- associated entity harmless from, and against, any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages, or expenses (including attorney fees), asserted against Owner arising out of Licensee's use of the Songs.
Fees and Process
- Licensee agrees to pay Owner one-time fee as indicated on website.
- Licensee will not owe any future additional fees or royalties to Owner for future use of Songs as indicated herein.
- Owner does not score or edit Songs to synchronize into Film, nor provide audio, sound, or Foley services for Film.
Arbitration and Applicable Law
- Execution, performance, interpretation, and any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, shall be resolved through friendly consultation between the parties hereto, governed by the laws of the State of Georgia.
- If agreement cannot be reached by consultation, resolution shall be settled solely and exclusively by binding arbitration in the State of Georgia.
- Arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the then prevailing commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association.
- Each party shall bear its own attorney fees and expenses.
- Parties agree to abide by all decisions and awards rendered in such proceedings, which shall be final and conclusive, and in lieu of any action at law or equity, unless bringing action for injunctive or other equitable relief.
- Either party may bring a legal action to the other party in the Intermediate Appellate Court of Appeals of Georgia.
- Licensee agrees to notify Owner if, when, and where Song is used. Where Song is used in Film or Television, or otherwise broadcast, Licensee agrees to complete and email Cue Sheet to Owner, using form found here: https://www.ascap.com/help/royalties-and-payment/cue-sheets
- Party addresses shown herein shall be the appropriate address for mailing notices, checks, payments, and statements, if any.
- Notices shall be sent via certified or registered mail and not be deemed received or effective unless and until actually received.
- Either party may change their mailing address by written notice to the other.
- This Agreement is the entire Agreement and understanding of parties regarding Songs herein, and supersedes and replaces all prior discussions, agreements, proposals, and understandings, oral and written, between parties.
- This Agreement may change only by written agreement duly executed by both Owner and Licensee or by authorized representatives of both parties.
- No officer, employee, or representative of Owner or Licensee has made any representation or promise, expressed or implied, in connection with this Agreement or the subject matter hereof, which is not contained herein.
- If any provision(s) herein are deemed illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, remainder of Agreement shall not be affected.
- No party’s waiver of any breach or accommodation to the other party shall be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach.
- Nothing herein requires Licensee to use Songs.
- All Film rights are owned solely by Licensee, and Owner shall have no rights therein.
- This Agreement is agreed to by Owner and Licensee on the date of purchase.
Composer and Owner
Luke Truan (Artist & Label)
Performing Right Organization (PRO): ASCAP
Luke Truan Music Publishing, LLC (Publisher)
3050 Five Forks Trickum Rd
Lilburn, GA 30047
Use Contact Page to Email